It’s done, it’s done! Yesterday I finished the Stormborn shawl from the Game of Thrones Mystery Knit Along and I am so pleased with it!
Since this was a mystery knit along I didn’t know what the pattern would be, and I totally lucked out with my yarn colour choice. The green suits the dragon scales very well and in general I love the colour. After a wash and a block the yarn is also very soft. The only problem I had with it was that the thread thickness seems to vary quite a lot, and although that in itself isn’t so much of a problem, the fact that the yarn broke on me twice in the thin parts is. Both times it gave me a mini heart-attack, and in general I prefer my knitting without any kind of heart attack. I wasn’t sure how much yarn I would need for the shawl, and despite it’s name the weight does not seem to be fingering. So of the two skeins (a whopping 900 meters, 100 grams) that I bought I still have 43 grams left. Which is more than enough to do another project!
The pattern is great as well, it’s interesting enough to keep you motivated up until the end, but repetitive enough to not have to constantly rip back because of a counting mistake. Plus the end result is huuuge, and I’m all for huge shawls. And I can totally picture Daenerys rocking this, of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men etc. etc. etc.